Monday, August 5, 2013

Unknown Love

www.amymarie.origamiowl.com


After the birth of my oldest son, my husband made the decision to return to active duty in the United States Army. I cried because I was worried about him having to leave us but I was positive the Hollywood version of Army life was what was waiting for us. Let's just say Hollywood isn't always truthful. 

Every day we would dream about the day Blake would get out. The days of poor pay, long hours, and not having a choice in your job would be over. We would leave the small town and move back home. Little did we know the people we would meet would change our lives.

Today, we started talking about the different people who touched our lives. Blake and I both started laughing at all the good memories we had made in that little town. We both realized that was a really good time in our lives. But if you would have asked us at the time, we couldn't wait to leave. 

I am never going to miss out of the joy of every day. I will value every relationship now and not just when reflecting back. My joy is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment