Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Build Your Story



I heard a story that stuck with me. A little girl walks into the woods. She sees two paths in front of  her. Confused she pondered what path she should take. An old man walks by and the little girl asks for his help. "What path should I take?"

"Where are you headed?"

"I don't know."

"Then, it doesn't matter."

Do we know where we are headed? If we don't any path will get us there. I started thinking about my children. As they start this school year, do they know what they want to accomplish?

Tonight we did our first locket party with a group of amazing little girls. One of my favorite teacher's, Mrs. Baird helped the girls pick the things they wanted to work on. She then helped them  pick actions they could work on, like reading 20 minutes a night or practicing the piano 4x a week. Next the girls picked charms to represent each goal.

Take some time to help your children prepare for this school year. Help them  shoot for the stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment