Saturday, June 22, 2013

Mamma Bear Karma

Last year, my sweet boy "Batman" Bruce decided to go for a run at our studio. He was booking it. His little feet had smoke under them. A whole 3 mph! A new record for the 4 year old. He was Batman!!

And then it happened. His nemesis came to bite him in the back side. Literally. His pants fell down. He tried hard to keep running. And I did what any good mother would do. I took his picture before helping him out. Batman was a good sport. I thought it was funny. 

Fast forward to yesterday. I wore the wrong shoes too long. If you are a woman, you understand. I slipped my shoes on without the straps, grabbed my two oversized bags, phone, and started to walk inside. I had the brilliant idea to check/answer email with bags on both shoulders, walking on uneven grass, with the "wrong" shoes on my feet. I know, I am a genius. My nemesis, better known as gravity got the best of me. Four steps in, I fall flat on my face. No, it was more like scream, arms in the air, stuff go everywhere, face plant. The few cool points I had where totally gone. As I laid on the grass, face down (so if anyone drove by maybe they wouldn't know it was me but my less graceful twin) I felt so embarrassed. But then I remembered my Batman. I thought how cute he looked trying to run and keep his pants up. It made him endearing, it made me smile. It still does. 

So maybe someone driving by yesterday just needed a smile. Maybe God chuckled a little himself. I don't know. But I do know, the next time someone has a moment that cool points are on the line I know what I am going to do. I am going to grab my camera! 


No comments:

Post a Comment