Thursday, June 27, 2013

Make me like a baby

www.amymarie.origamiowl.com

I don't know much in life. I do, however know a little something about babies. Babies make me smile. Especially if they like to sleep. 

You know that moment when you look at a newborn and how magical it feels. I remember the second I got to see and hold each one of my kids. All I could see was unlimited potential. I could only see all the things they would be capable of doing. 

Some how a baby sees the same thing. They learn to walk by falling down over and over again. They never give up because they have accepted falling down is part of learning to walk. 

My son, Oak just turned a year old. Oak walked at 8 months old. He is able to do what most 2 years could do. Oak has had more bumps and bruises than the other kids of mine because he doesn't care about failing. ( or pain!) Yesterday, Oak climbed up on a cabinet. As soon as we made eye contact, he jumped! I ran and grabbed him before he hit the ground. He laughed and ran off to scare someone else. He had complete trust in me. He had no doubts that I would catch him.

So I decided I am going to tap into my inner baby. I am going to see each failure as one step closer to success. One more time that I fall on my butt means one step closer to walking. And I will have complete faith that if I have to jump, my Father in Heaven is going to catch me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment