Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fearless

I

Fearless. When I hear the word fearless one little cutie face comes to mind. That face has a beautiful name that match her beautiful face. Her name is Elora Faith.

Elora has always done what is right instead of what is popular. She never thinks about what others will think of her but what she needs to do to be true to herself.

Her rapper name is E-lo. She is the best ghost dancer in the world. She loves soccer but wishes she could play on a boys team rather than a girls because most of her friends are boys. She is an amazing sister and daughter. She made the percussion line at school. She did a triathlon for her birthday to raise money for St Jude Hospital.  Elora hates gossip, she hates drama, and hates dresses. 
 
Elora never worries about what others will think of her choices. She makes her choices based on what she will think of herself down the road. I have watched her reach out of her comfort zone because the thought of missing out on something scared her more than the fear of trying. She is fearless. And the absents of fear has left her full of hope, full of dreams, and full of faith. 

When I read the story of Peter, after seeing Jesus walk on water, and tries it for himself, I can't help but think his failure came from fear rather than skill or ability. He makes it. He walks on the water. He becomes like his master until fear entered into his heart. Fear consumed him and wiped all his faith away. How many times did the Savior tells us to "fear not?" Fear does not come from my Savior, in fact it is the feeling that pushes away His love, His peace, His will. 

I will push away fear. I will fill myself so full of faith that fear has no where to stay. I will follow my daughter's example of trusting her Savior. I will be fearless.

www.amymarie.origamiowl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment