Friday, June 21, 2013

I AM ENOUGH

Be the Woman I want my daughters to become. It seems like those have become the words that go through my mind a hundred times a day. Be the woman I want my daughters to become.

I don't know where it started. I don't know who started it. Maybe it goes back all the way to Eve. Did she stay up all night putting dried flowers on the animal skin clothing she was making for her kids so they felt beautiful, important, and loved? Did she forget to eat the meat Adam brought home that she just cooked because once she got everyone fed, she was to tired to eat? 

It is part of what makes us great. Heck, we are better than great. As women, we are amazing. We can silently lead a nation. We can loudly speak inspiration into a lost soul. We can be one. We can be all. We are strong. We are gentle. But most important, we decide what those around us need us to be and become it. Yet somehow, we struggle to become what we need to become for our own self. 

I have learned to sew because my role as a mom called for it. I learned to cook to feed my family. But have I stopped to learn how to mediate because I need to calm myself down? Have I learned to pick up an apple instead of a donut because my body is screaming for good nutrition instead of a sugar rush? Have I learned to take time to workout because a stronger me is a better me? On that, I answer I am a work in progress. 

So I am trying to change my thinking. If my daughter called me at 33 years old, mother of seven and asked for advise, what would I tell her? Would I tell her to not sleep because she needs to worry about all the fancy clothes and toys her children don't have? Would I tell her to skip her workouts because her kids can't live without her for an hour? Would I tell her to beat herself up when she can't be everything to everyone? No. I won't do that. I would tell her that her Father in Heaven made her with everything she needs to be already inside. I would tell her He loves her and so do I. And I would tell her, she is enough.  

Today, I proclaim I AM ENOUGH. And sweetheart, so are you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment